Well, I could make a prediction on what I hope will happen or what I really think will happen:
What I hope will happen is that the bank will accept our offer on the house we want! We made a low ball offer on a house that we really love. The house is great, has tons of space inside, has a decent size yard and is in a great family neighborhood. It is the only house we have agreed on since we have started looking. Seriously, this is the perfect house! It is too much money though, well with the interest rate that the lender gave us. I know it could go up or down. If it stays the same or if it goes up we can’t afford that price. I hate to get my hopes up though cuz then I am afraid they will get dashed.
We are waiting for the bank. The listing agent already said that the bank will probably counter back with the full price. That agent was sort of snotty about it too… whatever.
So my prediction is that they will come back with a counter but it will be a price we can still afford.
Our credit wasn’t the best before but now we have been told it is excellent and I have some thoughts about the fact that you can’t take it with you when you die but while we are here, why not live life to the fullest and have a little piece of this earth while we are here. If it were possible for us to rent a house so it would feel more like our space, we might do that but with our landlords just upstairs we have to deal with their stuff.
I got a lilac bush (my absolute favorite flower)for mother’s day and the landlords came knocking on the door and asked what we will be doing with the lilac bush, D told them that if we buy a house, we will be taking it there and planting it in our new yard and if not, we will buy a planter to put it in. J said to D, “you could just plant it here and then dig it up if you move”, with a big huge smile. J even asked: “Are you sure you don’t want to buy this place?”
We don’t want to buy this triple decker property which is on a detour that will be going for 2 years. It now has traffic of a main road in the city, it is a 100 year old house, it needs tons of updates, mostly on the first floor where we live. The upper floors have gotten many updates, yeah it is there house so they did the updates to their property and not ours. I am going down a different writing road here than I wanted to. I didn’t expect this to be a complaining blog.
So part of my prediction is when they come back with the counter offer, we will then need to talk to J and B again to let them know we are moving!! We have to also figure out if we can use some of the money we gave them will pay for the last month’s rent.
Summary: I predict we will get a counter offer but we will be able to afford it and we will get an answer from family about assistance and we will have to start looking for boxes! I will write an answer when I get it.